The OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine is looking for highly qualified, motivated and experienced Ukrainian professionals for the position of Press and Public Information Assistant with its field office in Luhansk. The OSCE is committed to achieving a better balance of women and men within the Organization.
All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online, using the OSCE online application link www.osce.org/employment/.
Please note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language will not be considered.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine, please see www.osce.org/uk/special-monitoring-mission-to-ukraine.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The incumbent provides administrative, clerical and media services to the Media Coordinator in Luhansk Monitoring Team (MT) and the Press and Public Information Unit (PPIU) in Head Office; organises media and outreach activities of the MT; provides advice and suggestions on advantageous media interactions: acts as the main interface between PPIU and local media; supports PPIU and senior management during Head Office visits to the field; and, assists with the implementation and execution of instructions from the Head of PPIU, Media Coordinator and the MT Team Leader/Deputy Team Leader.
Under the direct supervision of the Media Coordinator, performs the following duties:
- Serves as the main contact point for local media on OSCE SMM activities and events and proactively maintains close contact with journalists specialising on topics of concern to the OSCE SMM; plans and executes meetings and other events involving the OSCE SMM and media, in particular arranging coverage of OSCE SMM patrols;
- Monitors the print and electronic media and keeps Mission staff informed on important media developments on an 'as-it-happens' basis, including through a daily media digest; provides analysis on the impact of Mission communication activities (media and outreach) in terms of coverage of the OSCE SMM in local media;
- Supports the Media Coordinator in arranging outreach activities, and publicity particularly through logistical and linguistic support; helps draft and edit presentations and materials on the activities of the OSCE SMM and coordinates the design and distribution of materials;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Ukrainian citizenship or holder of permanent resident status in Ukraine;
- Secondary education supplemented by specialised studies in Communication or Journalism/Media;Minimum
- 4 years’ experience in a news agency or mass media organization with established knowledge of the media environment in Ukraine, and proven ability in the preparation of media related documents and PR events and in the preparation and dissemination of PR and information materials;
- Proven experience in social media;
- Strong background in creating visual content for social media;
- Professional fluency in the English, Ukrainian and Russian languages, both oral and written;
- Knowledge of implementing projects and organizational skills;
- Computer literacy with practical experience with Windows and Microsoft applications;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, as well as the ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Cultural sensitivity and judgment.
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
- Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 988.00 Euro/month.
- Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme and social security / Provident Fund.
- Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
How To Apply
For more details please visit the OSCE website employment section at www.osce.org/employment/. All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online, using the OSCE online application link.
Deadline for application: 09 April 2020
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.